Tekkencentre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

characters you would like to see come back in tekken 6

+9
Liquid_Snake
Muggshotter
kazamafan15
jeswd
Admin
XiaoyuFan1O1
JChangDoppelganger
KM_Lord
kazuyaandmishima
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

characters you would like to see come back in tekken 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: characters you would like to see come back in tekken 6

Post by NIEM0 Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Muggshotter wrote:
Yeah. I agree with you on that. But the staff DID try separate Falco from Fox and Toon Link from (Young) Link. But it doesn't remove the fact they're still basically same characters with different properties. Those who enjoyed playing as Link will enjoy playing as Toon Link. As the general rule, their movesets are the same. <- That was on Smash Bros. Dojo. Seriously? What the heck was Sakurai thinking...?
Yeah, I vented all about it on the unofficial Nintendo Nsider2 forums. Of course I was labeled as a troll and threatened with a ban fpr speaking anything negative of Nintendo and "teh best game evar". Sakurai himself stated that he wanted to do away with clones and yet he brought them back while axing an original character! Granted now like you said, these clones have some different properties and such... you'll need different tactics to play as Ganon or Falcon, even though their moves are the same. Even so, come on... Ganondorf deserves his own moves. The fact that Sakurai feels so secure in pointing out the "clonliness" of certain characters and even bringing up the fact that Ganon doesn't use his sword is just a slap in the face.

Of course the Nintendo fanboy argument against me was "Well if they changed Ganondorf's moves in Brawl, it would be a disservice to those who played him in Melee". Yeah right... Sakurai sure didn't mind the disservice of removing Mewtwo from the people who played him in Melee. And don't get me started on Lucario lol

Or the fact that he promised "more female and Metroid characters" and yet he's never heard of "Krystal" from Starfox and puts in a twelve-year old anime Samus instead of a playable Ridley.

Woops, now I'm going off. XD

Muggshotter wrote:
But this is where the internet comes in. Cool Tatsunoko vs Capcom is coming to Wii(already released in Japan months ago) and I am planning to get it, yet I only now Tatsunoko is some Japanese Anime-series. I need to do some research on Tatsunoko's cast before I could get actually the half of the roster in the game(who they are, what story and the list goes on). Smile
Yeah the game looks interesting for sure. The visuals look really smooth -- looks even better than SFIV. Too bad I don't know any of the Tatsunoko characters (the least they could have done was put Speed Racer or Chim Chim in there, right? lol). The Capcom characters are some pretty odd picks as well. Frank West and Viewtiful Joe look pretty cool, but it's not enough to make me rush out and buy this. Got bills to pay and Tekken should (hopefully) keep me occupied.

Muggshotter wrote:
Whoah, that would've been a low blow... Embarassed Laughing Laughing Tekken 5: Jin Kazama vs Steve Fox, The Ultimate Showdown. Laughing
I don't think the developers really follow tiers... Who knows? I certainly don't. xD
Yeah I hate it when people use tiers as an argument as to why certain characters should or shouldn't come back. Same goes with in-game stories and such.

"Oh Mewtwo can't come back because he sucked in the last game which obviously means that Brawl will be perfectly balanced (yeah right) and that the programmers can't make balance him anyway."

"Oh Ogre can't come back because he was cheap and True Ogre breathed fire and floated and teleported and he was ugly. Jin killed him anyway and Devil Within is noncanon."

The designer's don't pay attention to tier lists because there is no reason to. On the other hand, if the fanbase is outspoken enough, it is possible that it may influence them sometimes (Kazuya coming back in Tekken 4, playable Devil Jin with Mishima fight style in Tekken 5, Jun's inevitable return, etc.).
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Back to top Go down

characters you would like to see come back in tekken 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: characters you would like to see come back in tekken 6

Post by Muggshotter Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:09 am

NIEM0 wrote:
Sakurai himself stated that he wanted to do away with clones and yet he brought them back while axing an original character! Granted now like you said, these clones have some different properties and such... you'll need different tactics to play as Ganon or Falcon, even though their moves are the same. Even so, come on... Ganondorf deserves his own moves. The fact that Sakurai feels so secure in pointing out the "clonliness" of certain characters and even bringing up the fact that Ganon doesn't use his sword is just a slap in the face.
Yeah. "Clones" already had different properties than their "originals", Brawl only took it to the next level. Laughing No wonder Falco and Toon Link are way better than Fox and Link. Or so the Tier list says anyway. Mad And Lucas "is better" than Ness. Ike is a bit separate from Marth, but their Counter tends to feel more clone-ish. But then again, Mario and Luigi have their Fireballs, why not Marth and Ike share a move? They are from their own respective series. Smile Still, I would've loved to see clones really change, not just a few attacks. I've used to this, but I still think "what the heck were they thinking?"

NIEM0 wrote:
Of course the Nintendo fanboy argument against me was "Well if they changed Ganondorf's moves in Brawl, it would be a disservice to those who played him in Melee". Yeah right... Sakurai sure didn't mind the disservice of removing Mewtwo from the people who played him in Melee. And don't get me started on Lucario lol
Disservice? By changing Ganondorf's complete moveset? Sounds ridiculous. When Jin changed his Tekken 3 style to his new, current style, was I really complaining about disservice? Not really, back then I was a little kid. Laughing At first I didn't use Jin in Tekken 4 at all, but it wore off me and I got used to Jin's new style. If I'm not wrong, there is no single Smash Bros. character that would've really changed(except for graphical updates) over game #1 to game #2.

NIEM0 wrote:
Or the fact that he promised "more female and Metroid characters" and yet he's never heard of "Krystal" from Starfox and puts in a twelve-year old anime Samus instead of a playable Ridley.
He did? Well... where's the ladies??? Laughing Zero Suit Samus... whatever. But Ridley appeared as a boss. That's the very least the staff could've done.

NIEM0 wrote:
Muggshotter wrote:
But this is where the internet comes in. Cool Tatsunoko vs Capcom is coming to Wii(already released in Japan months ago) and I am planning to get it, yet I only now Tatsunoko is some Japanese Anime-series. I need to do some research on Tatsunoko's cast before I could get actually the half of the roster in the game(who they are, what story and the list goes on). Smile
Yeah the game looks interesting for sure. The visuals look really smooth -- looks even better than SFIV. Too bad I don't know any of the Tatsunoko characters (the least they could have done was put Speed Racer or Chim Chim in there, right? lol). The Capcom characters are some pretty odd picks as well. Frank West and Viewtiful Joe look pretty cool, but it's not enough to make me rush out and buy this.
I personally want someone from Devil May Cry(Dante, Nero, Vergil, anyone?). It would make the game a lot better. I've never seen a Devil May Cry character appear in any of Capcom's Vs. Series.

NIEM0 wrote:Yeah I hate it when people use tiers as an argument as to why certain characters should or shouldn't come back. Same goes with in-game stories and such.

"Oh Mewtwo can't come back because he sucked in the last game which obviously means that Brawl will be perfectly balanced (yeah right) and that the programmers can't make balance him anyway."

"Oh Ogre can't come back because he was cheap and True Ogre breathed fire and floated and teleported and he was ugly. Jin killed him anyway and Devil Within is noncanon."
Some fanboys delivering opinions... Mad Even if the "absent characters" came back as non-canon, it would be awesome. Very Happy

NIEM0 wrote:
The designer's don't pay attention to tier lists because there is no reason to.
Yeah, no reason to follow tier lists and ***** whoever's at the top of list.

NIEM0 wrote:
On the other hand, if the fanbase is outspoken enough, it is possible that it may influence them sometimes (Kazuya coming back in Tekken 4, playable Devil Jin with Mishima fight style in Tekken 5, Jun's inevitable return, etc.).
Wii users! cheers Get your voice heard and get Tekken for Wii! Laughing
If the fanbase really is outspoken enough, who knows, will we see Tekken 6: Wii Edition Rebellion? Laughing
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

https://www.youtube.com/user/Muggshotter

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Muggshotter wrote:
Yeah. "Clones" already had different properties than their "originals", Brawl only took it to the next level. Laughing No wonder Falco and Toon Link are way better than Fox and Link. Or so the Tier list says anyway. Mad And Lucas "is better" than Ness. Ike is a bit separate from Marth, but their Counter tends to feel more clone-ish. But then again, Mario and Luigi have their Fireballs, why not Marth and Ike share a move? They are from their own respective series. Smile Still, I would've loved to see clones really change, not just a few attacks. I've used to this, but I still think "what the heck were they thinking?"

When Jin changed his Tekken 3 style to his new, current style, was I really complaining about disservice? Not really, back then I was a little kid. Laughing At first I didn't use Jin in Tekken 4 at all, but it wore off me and I got used to Jin's new style. If I'm not wrong, there is no single Smash Bros. character that would've really changed(except for graphical updates) over game #1 to game #2.
A few similar attacks are fine, especially when those similar attacks have different properties and/or animations and such. Wolf for example, I don't consider a clone. Falco however is (one who is better than the original even... in fact, ALL of the clones are better than their originals in Brawl XD). In Tekken, Namco had plenty of clones in Tekken 1, 2, and even 3. This was really apparent in Tekken Tag. In response to the outrcy, Namco removed just about everyone from Tekken 4 leaving a cast that truly felt unique from one another, but at the expense of a tiny cast of characters (18). In Tekken 5, they were just like, "Ah screw it" and brought almost every character from the series and redid their movesets to make them unique. I don't recall anyone complaining that Tekken 5 Ganryu was too different from Tekken 2 Ganryu.

Likewise, I really doubt anyone would complain if Ganondorf actually got some attention he deserves and uses some moves that he actually did in his games. Making his moves based off of a speedy hand-to-hand brawler who doesn't even use those moves in his own game makes no sense.

Muggshotter wrote:
NIEM0 wrote:
He did? Well... where's the ladies??? Laughing Zero Suit Samus... whatever. But Ridley appeared as a boss. That's the very least the staff could've done.
He didn't add any female characters other than Zero Suit Samus... who is still Samus. I don't mind her addition into the game (for whatever reason, Japan hates all things Metroid aside from ZSS), but she doesn't count as being "more female characters" or "more Metroid characters". Yeah, I know Ridley appeared as a boss (twice even), but honestly, his boss status means that he's probably forever doomed to be a boss in the Smash Bros. series... Yeah, one could say that he's too big, but the same could be said of Bowser who is bigger than Godzilla in Mario Sunshine.

Muggshotter wrote:
I personally want someone from Devil May Cry(Dante, Nero, Vergil, anyone?). It would make the game a lot better. I've never seen a Devil May Cry character appear in any of Capcom's Vs. Series.
Yeah a Devil May Cry character sure wouldn't hurt. Or Okami. Or more Resident Evil... But the choices for Capcom's Tatsunoko vs Capcom are just about as odd as the choice of Tatsunoko characters at all. If ever they make a Marvel vs Capcom 3, I'm sure we can count on Dante making his debut... maybe even Virgil... or Nero... or maybe even Sanctus. Yeah, Sanctus.

Muggshotter wrote:
NIEM0 wrote:
On the other hand, if the fanbase is outspoken enough, it is possible that it may influence them sometimes (Kazuya coming back in Tekken 4, playable Devil Jin with Mishima fight style in Tekken 5, Jun's inevitable return, etc.).
If the fanbase really is outspoken enough, who knows, will we see Tekken 6: Wii Edition Rebellion? Laughing
The developers did mention that if Wii owners wanted it enough, they'd make one. However... I don't think it would really be a good idea (for them). Even if a few people would buy it, most Tekken owners are on PS3 (and 360 I guess) so the game really wouldn't really sell on Wii. Not to mention the graphics and online capabilities would be cut short, as well as the all the extras (ala PSP). And of course there's the sad fact that a good majority of Wii owners don't even know you can play anything other than Wii Sports XD.

Even so, it would have been great had Namco made an enhanced port of Tekken 5: DR on Wii... oh, say two years ago. I remember a lot of people being upset that DS wasn't going to recieve a console release on anything but PSP and a trimmed down PS3 download. A full-featured Wii Tekken DR with all the content of the PS2 Tekken 5 and the PSP content of Tekken DR would have been a good idea. Wii is perfectly capable of the visuals too, so I certainly wouldn't have minded plunking down the cash for the defeinitive version of Tekken 5.

Of course, that would have only sufficed in 2007 when Tekken 6 was still two years away. Nowadays... not so much.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 am

NIEM0 wrote:
Muggshotter wrote:
Yeah a Devil May Cry character sure wouldn't hurt. Or Okami. Or more Resident Evil... But the choices for Capcom's Tatsunoko vs Capcom are just about as odd as the choice of Tatsunoko characters at all. If ever they make a Marvel vs Capcom 3, I'm sure we can count on Dante making his debut... maybe even Virgil... or Nero... or maybe even Sanctus. Yeah, Sanctus.
No, not Sanctus!!1 Laughing I soo want to go (SS)Stylish in a Vs. Capcom game with a Devil May Cry character in. Dante's Super Combo would consist of using Nevan -weapon's Jam Session move. "Let's rock!" "STYLISH!"

NIEM0 wrote:
Muggshotter wrote:
NIEM0 wrote:
The developers did mention that if Wii owners wanted it enough, they'd make one. However... I don't think it would really be a good idea (for them). Even if a few people would buy it, most Tekken owners are on PS3 (and 360 I guess) so the game really wouldn't really sell on Wii. Not to mention the graphics and online capabilities would be cut short, as well as the all the extras (ala PSP). And of course there's the sad fact that a good majority of Wii owners don't even know you can play anything other than Wii Sports XD.
Still, I think many Wii users know Tekken, one or way another. Wink And yeah, Wii Sports. xD -> Rolling Eyes

NIEM0 wrote:
Even so, it would have been great had Namco made an enhanced port of Tekken 5: DR on Wii... oh, say two years ago. I remember a lot of people being upset that DS wasn't going to recieve a console release on anything but PSP and a trimmed down PS3 download. A full-featured Wii Tekken DR with all the content of the PS2 Tekken 5 and the PSP content of Tekken DR would have been a good idea. Wii is perfectly capable of the visuals too, so I certainly wouldn't have minded plunking down the cash for the defeinitive version of Tekken 5.

Of course, that would have only sufficed in 2007 when Tekken 6 was still two years away. Nowadays... not so much.
Yeah... T5DR on Wii wouldn't hurt(even today) if you ask me. Smile I would still get it - GameCube controller. Cool
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

https://www.youtube.com/user/Muggshotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco331 Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 am

Kunimitsu and Jun.I like this characters.
Marco331
Marco331
10th KYU
10th KYU

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2