Tekkencentre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like the 360 version might be a 2 disc set. . .

+4
kazamafan15
greekman
Muggshotter
iceyou88
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looks like the 360 version might be a 2 disc set. . . Empty Looks like the 360 version might be a 2 disc set. . .

Post by iceyou88 Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:54 pm

"One thing that is admirable is that there's also obvious evidence of Namco making use of the extra space on the Blu-ray disc. Tekken 6 data weighs in at around 20GB. Bearing in mind the size of the install, it's fair to assume that the rendered movies get the benefit here. That said, in the Tekken Force "Scenario Mode", cut-scenes are generally engine-driven using in-game assets, running at 60FPS on both consoles and are of essentially equal quality. Intro and ending movies tend to get the full-on CG treatment beloved of the Tekken series, and it's good to know that Namco-Bandai has taken a zero compromise approach to them, using the maximum bandwidth available that the freedom of a 25GB Blu-ray disc offers"

Tekken 6 was never wateredown if the ps3 version will be in one disc and the 360 version might be in two disc. . .

They have too make the 360 version a two disc set . . .Blu-ray EXCEEDS the dvd format. . .plus the ps3 version was the lead platform and namco promised that 360 development would not affect the ps3 version.And they were right. . . Laughing

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken6-resolution-game-blog-post
iceyou88
iceyou88
5th DAN
5th DAN

Back to top Go down

Looks like the 360 version might be a 2 disc set. . . Empty Re: Looks like the 360 version might be a 2 disc set. . .

Post by Muggshotter Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:16 am

X360 Tekken 6 is 2-Disc set? Sounds... cool. And more deluxe Cool , but if I look at the PS3 Tekken 6... damn. Laughing

All hail Blu-Ray! Laughing
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

https://www.youtube.com/user/Muggshotter

Back to top Go down

Looks like the 360 version might be a 2 disc set. . . Empty Re: Looks like the 360 version might be a 2 disc set. . .

Post by greekman Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:41 am

Ha! another example that PS3>>>Xbox 360
greekman
greekman
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:08 am

as expected I hate it to switch DVD's
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

https://www.youtube.com/user/starkillerRedfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Melee_Sovereign Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 pm

So what would be on the second disk? Scenario Mode perhaps?

I hope this is true about the 360 version having a second disk. It probably is, because I do remember Namco stating that they did, in fact, take advantage of the PS3's hardware. Another reason why I hope this is true is because it would get it through people's heads that Blu-Ray is, in fact, superior DVD-9. It actually takes basic math to understand that, but I know how people love to be in denial.

Last edited by Melee_Sovereign on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Melee_Sovereign
Melee_Sovereign
1st DAN
1st DAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iceyou88 Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote:So what would be on the second disk? Scenario Mode perhaps?

I hope this is true about the 360 version having a second disk. It probably is, because I do remember Namco stating that they did, in fact, take advantage of the PS3's hardware. Another reason why I hope this is true is because it would get it through people's heads that Blu-Ray is, in fact, superior DVD-9. I actually takes basic math to understand that, but I know how people love to be in denial.

Yeah. . .Also cell and xenon are not the same!
iceyou88
iceyou88
5th DAN
5th DAN

Back to top Go down

Post by JChangDoppelganger Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Well this is a sure way to tell Microsoft to UPDATE THEIR HARDWARE C'MON MS CATCH UP WITH THE OTHERS PROJECT NATAL IS NOT THAT SPECIAL IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE LATEST SOFTWARE/HARDWARE
JChangDoppelganger
JChangDoppelganger
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

https://www.youtube.com/edscew

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Though I'll be doing my Tekken on PS3 (I have all current gen consoles), I wouldn't really fault Microsoft for sticking with DVDs on the 360. After all, 360 shipped a full year before the PS3 and Blu-Ray was an untested format. Not to mention Blu-Ray is one of Sony's creations... PS2 won the console war last generation and I'm sure that Microsoft wouldn't be willing to support a format created by their arch nemesis -- especially when Sony had just wiped the floor with the original Xbox years before.

Also, very few games or movies actually take advantage of the full disc space available on a Blu-Ray. This is true because many PS3 games are simply ports of 360 games... and in the case of movies, many consumers aren't even aware of the extra capacity on the Blu-Ray and only think that Blu-Ray = High Definition.

Of course, it's nice to see that Namco is going all out on Tekken 6 on PS3 and instead of sacrificing the PS3 version to make an equal product or even making the 360 game an inferior product, they did the best they could on both consoles. Admirable... hope other developers take noptice.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Back to top Go down

Post by JChangDoppelganger Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:28 pm

NIEM0 wrote:Though I'll be doing my Tekken on PS3 (I have all current gen consoles), I wouldn't really fault Microsoft for sticking with DVDs on the 360. After all, 360 shipped a full year before the PS3 and Blu-Ray was an untested format. Not to mention Blu-Ray is one of Sony's creations... PS2 won the console war last generation and I'm sure that Microsoft wouldn't be willing to support a format created by their arch nemesis -- especially when Sony had just wiped the floor with the original Xbox years before.

Also, very few games or movies actually take advantage of the full disc space available on a Blu-Ray. This is true because many PS3 games are simply ports of 360 games... and in the case of movies, many consumers aren't even aware of the extra capacity on the Blu-Ray and only think that Blu-Ray = High Definition.

Of course, it's nice to see that Namco is going all out on Tekken 6 on PS3 and instead of sacrificing the PS3 version to make an equal product or even making the 360 game an inferior product, they did the best they could on both consoles. Admirable... hope other developers take noptice.

You are Correct Sir you do have a Point Very Happy It is nice to see my fav Fighter Branch out to other Home Consoles
JChangDoppelganger
JChangDoppelganger
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:15 am

NIEM0 wrote:Though I'll be doing my Tekken on PS3 (I have all current gen consoles), I wouldn't really fault Microsoft for sticking with DVDs on the 360. After all, 360 shipped a full year before the PS3 and Blu-Ray was an untested format. Not to mention Blu-Ray is one of Sony's creations... PS2 won the console war last generation and I'm sure that Microsoft wouldn't be willing to support a format created by their arch nemesis -- especially when Sony had just wiped the floor with the original Xbox years before.

Wasn't Blu-Ray made by Sony and Philips?
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by JChangDoppelganger Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:39 am

kazamafan15 wrote:

Correct! Very Happy yes a few ppl work on this Project
JChangDoppelganger
JChangDoppelganger
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:12 pm

kazamafan15 wrote:
Microsoft had nothing to do with Blu-Ray's creation though, and therefore would wind up giving money to its direct competitor if they chose to make the 360 play Blu-Rays. This is why they sided with the HD-DVD format instead... which was a waste as the format is dead today and the 360 games themselves were still on standard DVDs.

Like I said before though, there was no reason to for Microsoft to support Blu-Ray back in 2005 when the 360 launched. Remember, this is before Blu-Ray became the new HD standard and just after Sony had finished stomping all over its competition the previous generation. Sony still believed at the time that they would once again destroy Microsoft. Of course as fate would have it, they still have yet to catch up to the 360 and its year-early launch. Now Sony has to sit by and watch as the tiny insect from the previous generation -- Nintendo usurps everything and is on its way to even beating the records set by PS2.

As you can see, anything can happen in the industry. It doesn't necessarily matter who has the best technology or who supports the best formats. Nintendo is using technology back from 2001 and are charging $200 for it, making a fortune. Meanwhile Sony offers a beast of a system that can do just about anything and everything for only $100 more, but nobody's buying... and they'd lose money on it anyway!

On a somewhat related note, we all know that Sony has a tendency to rip off Nintendo (and Microsoft copies everyone) -- the shoulder buttons -- the analog sticks -- the rumble -- and soon, the motion controllers. Hopefully they don't copy Nintendo's philosophy of "There is no difference in graphics between Zelda Twilight Princess and Killzone 2", otherwise I may have to give up gaming. I don't want my PS4 having PS2 graphics so it can appeal to old people and infants.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by greekman Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:40 am

i don't give the trouble to know all that^

i just play Very Happy
greekman
greekman
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by KazuyaFreak Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Well the Xbox is being upgraded With some of sort of sensor or something so you don't need controllers....IDK i just heard something Good i have a PS3 Smile
KazuyaFreak
KazuyaFreak
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:28 am

NIEM0 wrote:
kazamafan15 wrote:
Microsoft had nothing to do with Blu-Ray's creation though, and therefore would wind up giving money to its direct competitor if they chose to make the 360 play Blu-Rays. This is why they sided with the HD-DVD format instead... which was a waste as the format is dead today and the 360 games themselves were still on standard DVDs.

Like I said before though, there was no reason to for Microsoft to support Blu-Ray back in 2005 when the 360 launched. Remember, this is before Blu-Ray became the new HD standard and just after Sony had finished stomping all over its competition the previous generation. Sony still believed at the time that they would once again destroy Microsoft. Of course as fate would have it, they still have yet to catch up to the 360 and its year-early launch. Now Sony has to sit by and watch as the tiny insect from the previous generation -- Nintendo usurps everything and is on its way to even beating the records set by PS2.

As you can see, anything can happen in the industry. It doesn't necessarily matter who has the best technology or who supports the best formats. Nintendo is using technology back from 2001 and are charging $200 for it, making a fortune. Meanwhile Sony offers a beast of a system that can do just about anything and everything for only $100 more, but nobody's buying... and they'd lose money on it anyway!

On a somewhat related note, we all know that Sony has a tendency to rip off Nintendo (and Microsoft copies everyone) -- the shoulder buttons -- the analog sticks -- the rumble -- and soon, the motion controllers. Hopefully they don't copy Nintendo's philosophy of "There is no difference in graphics between Zelda Twilight Princess and Killzone 2", otherwise I may have to give up gaming. I don't want my PS4 having PS2 graphics so it can appeal to old people and infants.
but I didn't mentioned Microsoft
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:20 pm

KazuyaFreak wrote:Well the Xbox is being upgraded With some of sort of sensor or something so you don't need controllers....IDK i just heard something Good i have a PS3 Smile
That would be Project Natal (click here). It's a sensor bar that supposedly reads your movement in a three-dimensional space without the need of any sort of controller. It also has a built-in microphone (ala Playstation Eye) with advanced voice-recognition (supposedly).

All in all, it's definitely more advanced and original than Sony's motion-controlled "Wand" (which bears an uncanny resemblance to Nintendo's Wii-Remote), but unlike the Wand or the Wii-Remote, Natal has yet to prove that it can be applied to gaming in a significant way. How will you play Tekken with Natal? How will you play Halo with Natal? How can you play any existing genre with Natal?
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:08 pm

I don't know about your opinions but I prefer too have something in my hands to play games
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:53 pm

kazamafan15 wrote:I don't know about your opinions but I prefer too have something in my hands to play games
This.

Gaming has been hands->controllers->a long stare at the screen for ages. There's no way I would EVER support Microsoft's stupid attempt at PlayStation's EyeToy. Microsoft have gone too far this time. And PS3... no, not any Wii remote things. Leave it for Wii! Crying or Very sad You have EyeToy, why go for something that has been done a few years back? I don't care "if it is more precise", DualShock3 and Sixaxis is all fine with me.
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Muggshotter wrote:
kazamafan15 wrote:I don't know about your opinions but I prefer too have something in my hands to play games
This.

Gaming has been hands->controllers->a long stare at the screen for ages. There's no way I would EVER support Microsoft's stupid attempt at PlayStation's EyeToy. Microsoft have gone too far this time. And PS3... no, not any Wii remote things. Leave it for Wii! Crying or Very sad You have EyeToy, why go for something that has been done a few years back? I don't care "if it is more precise", DualShock3 and Sixaxis is all fine with me.
That's Microsoft they are never original.
But I suppose that might be the future of gaming.
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 pm

kazamafan15 wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

kazamafan15 wrote:
If it's the future of gaming, then it's a future I don't want to be in. Laughing
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Muggshotter wrote:
kazamafan15 wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

kazamafan15 wrote:
If it's the future of gaming, then it's a future I don't want to be in. Laughing
I'm talking in a few 100 years
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:06 pm

kazamafan15 wrote:
Muggshotter wrote:
kazamafan15 wrote:

kazamafan15 wrote:
I'm talking in a few 100 years
Oh... then... fine with me. Smug
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:07 pm

as for handheld gaming I think it will be with your thoughts xd
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:11 pm

kazamafan15 wrote:as for handheld gaming I think it will be with your thoughts xd
Huh? You think handheld gaming is going down, straight to... uh... swamp? Laughing
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:13 pm

Muggshotter wrote:
kazamafan15 wrote:as for handheld gaming I think it will be with your thoughts xd
Huh? You think handheld gaming is going down, straight to... uh... swamp? Laughing
yup that's what I thought
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next