Tekkencentre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tekken 4 > Tekken 6 = Tekken 7

+3
kazamafan15
jeswd
NIEM0
7 posters

Go down

Tekken 4 > Tekken 6 = Tekken 7 Empty Tekken 4 > Tekken 6 = Tekken 7

Post by NIEM0 Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 pm

This is not a troll post.

I guess I should clarify that I don't really believe that Tekken 4 is a better playing game than Tekken 6. Tekken 6 is a heck of a lot more fun to play than Tekken 4, but the real issue is what these two games have done for the franchise as a whole.

Tekken 4 is heralded as the worst Tekken ever made whilst Tekken 6 is seen as the best (naturally, as it's based off of Tekken 5 which was based off of Tekken 3). With Tekken 4, Namco took a gamble in trying to craft a game that veered ever so slightly more towards realism. From storyline, to setting, to gameplay - Tekken 4 felt more grounded in reality than the entries before it. No more supernatural devils - "Devil" was merely a "Gene" that grants the holder incredible power and makes them think they are controlled by the Devil (or in Kazuya's case, controlling it). No more fantastic locales - fights took place in parking garages, malls, and airports... not ancient ruins, mystical forests, or dark dimension.

The most hated aspect of Tekken 4 however, is its gameplay. Movement felt awkward and the stages, while wholly interactive, produced unfair advantages to certain players. Juggles were longer, but much much harder to accomplish.

Tekken 5 brought Tekken back to its "roots", or should I say, back to Tekken 3. It was defenitely a better game than 4, but unlike that game, Tekken 5 wasn't trying to redefine the series. After nearly a half a decade long wait, Tekken 6 has finally arrived and is... more of the same. The biggest change is perhaps the bound system, making juggles even longer.

Tekken 6, while no less of a game than 5, is the biggest disappointment I've had with this series since Tekken 4 -- and for almost opposite reasons. With Tekken 4, I hated the way the game felt and it's wasted potential. The finite arenas could have been improved to be like Dead or Alive's epic arenas. The movement system could have been refined to be more like Virtua Fighter's or Soul Calibur's. The juggles... well, the juggles make more sense in Tekken 4 than they do in 5 or 6. Basically, I had high hopes that Namco would Take Tekken 4 and improve upon it -- not kill it and forget it ever happened.

Tekken 6 feels (and even looks) exactly like Tekken 5. I'm sure the game will keep me occupied for a good amount of time, but I don't want to wait for Tekken's 20th anniversary for Tekken 7. And when Tekken 7 is released, it's probably going to feel exactly the same as Tekken 6.

What we need is a change. Tekken 4 laid the foundation and has been since disregarded as an abomination. Time for Bamco to revisit Tekken 4, bringing along with it the tools that helped them make Tekken 5 and 6 solid fighters.

WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN
Take what Tekken 4 did (in terms of gameplay) and make it better. Simple as that.

Characters
Keep it like Tekken 5 and 6. No need to oust characters. In fact, bringing back a favourite or two wouldn't hurt either. In the case of Jun or Ogre, who while probably deader than dead, still have a purpose (as of yet unknown) probably would fit the bill as boss characters. Still -- make them playable and not entirely broken. The real final boss should be big, cheap and detestable.

A Characters Creator would be a great idea as well. While many hardcore fans will probably hate the idea, there's no denying that casuals love character creators. It might even be enough for some newcomers to give Tekken a try. Keep it like Soul Calibur IV's, where you can create an entirely new character, or simply customize an existing one.

Some items give you extra moves and combos, though these items may also take away a few moves. Imagine customizing Kazuya to look just like his "Devil" form, complete with a third eye that gives him a few laser attacks, but removes his Acute Pain, Ultimate Tackle, and Stonehead attacks. A pair of wings that gives him some flying attacks, but removes Oni Stomp and Demon Scissors. This method of character altering would allow the likes of Devil Kazuya to finally be fully playable without having to take up an extra character space.

Movement
Take Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign (without the behind-the-back camera) and incorporate it into the main game. The left stick (On PS pads) will make your character walk in any direction ala Virtua Fighter. The D-pad moves your characters like classic Tekken. It's simple and intuitive without the need to ravamp the system or add a block button.

Juggles
Juggles have always been and always will be a part of Tekken, so trying to do away with them would be stupid. All I'm asking is for juggles to go back to the Tekken 4 style. Really, it was just the properties of many attacks that made really damaging juggles harder to do. Kazuya's Rising uppercut won't launch, but a perfectly timed EWGF will. Heihachi's uppercut won't launch unless he charges it up, etc.

Stages
Make them intersting to look at and play in. Tekken 4's settings were boring and Tekken 5's were all squares. Make them big, multi-tiered, and interactive. Basically, just rip off Dead or Alive's stages. Make it so you can kick a guy off the building and keep fighting in the streets. Jump over railings and kick your opponent in the face. Sure, these levels won't work for Tourney players, but that's why they should still keep a few "Square" and "Infinite" stages.

Tag Battle
The fact that we still don't have a tag battle is inexcusible. Since Tekken 5 and 6 already feature most of the characters from the entire series, all that's needed to complete the wishes for a Tekken Tag Tournament 2 would be a simple Tag mode. If Dead or Alive can do it, Tekken can as well. If the Tekken Team is too lazy to get Tag to work in enclosed stages, then they could just relegate the Tag mode to only the "inifinite" stages. Might as well throw in Unkown as a bonus boss, right?

Graphics
Please Bamco, don't use the Tekken 5 models again for Tekken 7. They're starting to look a little dated. Tekken has always been at the forefront of graphics in every generation except this one. If that means going exclusive with PS3, so be it. They could even make a 360 port somewhere later down the line with an extra mode/character or two to make up for the downgrade/wait. Then charge PS owners for it as DLC. Everybody's happy.

Oh yeah and on the subject of graphics, they need to tone down the awful particle effects. OR at least make them 3D. Sheesh, the big orange blobs (of blood?) need to be done away with completely.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Back to top Go down

Tekken 4 > Tekken 6 = Tekken 7 Empty Re: Tekken 4 > Tekken 6 = Tekken 7

Post by jeswd Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Yup. Tekken 6... 4 years of waiting so I can expect a bit more from the game!!
jeswd
jeswd
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

https://www.youtube.com/user/jeswd

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:57 pm

after 4 years of waiting you would have thought there would be much more modes
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

https://www.youtube.com/user/starkillerRedfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 am

NIEM0 wrote:
WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN

A Characters Creator would be a great idea as well. While many hardcore fans will probably hate the idea, there's no denying that casuals love character creators. It might even be enough for some newcomers to give Tekken a try. Keep it like Soul Calibur IV's, where you can create an entirely new character, or simply customize an existing one.
If there will be a Character Creation mode, that would take the (recent) concept from Soul Calibur away, or the idea to even make Soul Calibur games anymore. Both Tekken and Soul Calibur are developed by the same development teams. And to keep the interest in both franchises, the content HAS to differ in just more ways than "soul calibur haz weponz lalala tekken haz ultra-long-combos roflmao". You buy Soul Calibur for character creation and weapon-based one-on-fighting, while you buy Tekken for martial arts fighting(and awesome gameplay xD) and lotz of different game modes. Oh, and not to forget online play from both.

NIEM0 wrote:
Movement
Take Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign (without the behind-the-back camera) and incorporate it into the main game. The left stick (On PS pads) will make your character walk in any direction ala Virtua Fighter. The D-pad moves your characters like classic Tekken. It's simple and intuitive without the need to ravamp the system or add a block button.
If the development team already had problem in making the Scenario Campaign movement for that very mode, how they are supposed to make it the way you play the game? Leave 8-Way running for Soul Calibur.

NIEM0 wrote:
Tag Battle
The fact that we still don't have a tag battle is inexcusible. If Dead or Alive can do it, Tekken can as well. If the Tekken Team is too lazy to get Tag to work in enclosed stages, then they could just relegate the Tag mode to only the "inifinite" stages.
Getting the Tekken's Tag system to work in enclosed stages sounds impossible. Characters are supposed to "disappear" from the screen in order to tag in the partner. What if you get beaten to the wall? Got away from the wall? How you're supposed to "disappear" in an enclosed stage? Opponent runs through walls to tag in his/her partner? Laughing Or through his/her opponent to disappear from the screen for a switch? No. If there will be Tag and one-on-one fighting system with enclosed and infinite stages, then yeah, Tag mode dedicated to infinite stages. But one-on-one fighting is alright for infinite stages as well, or purists start to complain about wall ******.
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

https://www.youtube.com/user/Muggshotter

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:51 am

Muggshotter wrote:
If there will be a Character Creation mode, that would take the (recent) concept from Soul Calibur away, or the idea to even make Soul Calibur games anymore. Both Tekken and Soul Calibur are developed by the same development teams. And to keep the interest in both franchises, the content HAS to differ in just more ways than "soul calibur haz weponz lalala tekken haz ultra-long-combos roflmao". You buy Soul Calibur for character creation and weapon-based one-on-fighting, while you buy Tekken for martial arts fighting(and awesome gameplay xD) and lotz of different game modes. Oh, and not to forget online play from both.
It's true that one of the main selling points of the recent Soul Calibur games has been its Character Creator feature (and/or its Guest characters), but it's not as if the concept of a character creator is exclusive to one type of game. Is Soul Calibur too much like Wrestling games because of its character creator? Of course not. The games are completely different. Likewise, Soul Calibur and Tekken have completely different fighting systems. Introducing a character creator will not steal the thunder from either series -- it could only make the game even more appealing to casuals (which is a good thing).

Tekken and Soul Calibur actually have different development teams (the SC Team is actually called "Project Soul"), though both are employed by Namco (of course). The two teams do swap ideas and such frequently though -- the Tekken Team actually helped in the development of Soul Calibur IV. Like I said before though -- these games are COMPLETELY different. Character creator and weapons aren't the only things that set these two series apart. Look at Heihachi is SCII... one play with him and it should be obvious that Tekken and Soul Calibur have drastically different fighting engines.

Character Creator does not define Soul Calibur. If it did, Soul Blade, Soul Calibur, and Soul Calibur II shouldn't have existed. While it may be the main selling point for casuals, it's not as if they'd stop buying Soul Calibur games just because Tekken brings in its own Character Creator.

When I play Soul Calibur, I don't play it because I want to play "Tekken with weapons and character creaotr" -- I play it because it's a different game than Tekken.

Muggshotter wrote:
If the development team already had problem in making the Scenario Campaign movement for that very mode, how they are supposed to make it the way you play the game? Leave 8-Way running for Soul Calibur.
Soul Calibur isn't the only 3D fighting series with 8-Way run -- in fact, both Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive feature it as well. For Tekken 7, I'm not asking for a competitive Scenario Campaign or wacky Power Stone knockoff, I'm asking for the "free run" concept to be integrated within the standard two-player fights. On Playstation, the D-Pad retains the "legacy controls", complete with "classic" sidestepping -- however, the Analog stick gives you 8-way run ala Virtua Fighter. It's simple and doesn't even drastically alter the gameplay -- it just makes movement feel better and look less clunky.

Muggshotter wrote:
Getting the Tekken's Tag system to work in enclosed stages sounds impossible. Characters are supposed to "disappear" from the screen in order to tag in the partner. What if you get beaten to the wall? Got away from the wall? How you're supposed to "disappear" in an enclosed stage? Opponent runs through walls to tag in his/her partner? Laughing Or through his/her opponent to disappear from the screen for a switch? No. If there will be Tag and one-on-one fighting system with enclosed and infinite stages, then yeah, Tag mode dedicated to infinite stages. But one-on-one fighting is alright for infinite stages as well, or purists start to complain about wall ******.
Like I already said, if they can't get a Tag mode to work in closed arenas, they could relegate the mode exclusively to Infinite stages. That's the easy way out.

But it's not impossible to get it to work in an enclosed arena either. If you've ever played the recent Dead or Alive games, you'd see for yourself. In that game, so long as you are not cornered into a wall, you can tag in your partner. They even have partners jumping down into the ring off the walls. Now even in these games you can't play ALL stages with Tag, but still, it's more than enough proof that Tag can work in enclosed (simple) arenas.

If purists don't like playing Tag on enclosed arenas, they won't have to. That's what the infinite stages are for. Likewise, if purists don't like massive, complex, multi-tiered, uneven stages, they don't have to play on them. It's the purists fault that every Tekken game from now on is going to feature infinite or square stages.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Back to top Go down

Tekken 4 > Tekken 6 = Tekken 7 Empty This guy is right

Post by tomdreamer88 Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Yeah, yes. Tekken 6 was a disappointment and I am a veteran. I am sick of playing Soul Calibur 4 just to create my character. I was hoping that Tekken 6 would have it but Namco lied to you and me. If Tekken 7 doesn't have character creation. I will personally make sure that I and a team of programmers will create a game that will better that Tekken and have this feature on there. This is one of the reasons why Tekken 6 lost to Street Fighter 4. Lack of verity. Lack of Enjoyment. Street Fighter is the ABC's of fighting games and Tekken 6 lost. If TEkken 6 had charcter creation Tekken 6 would have gotten VGA awards of 2009 best fighting game. More people would have played it and more people would have not bashed the game.

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by tomdreamer88 Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:36 pm

NIEM0 you are the few open minded Tekken fan that I meet so far. Finally someone agrees with me. Tekken 7 needs character creation because if not that no name companies will take this opportunity and steal the fan base away. Don't believe just let the economy come back.

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:32 am

tomdreamer88 wrote:Yeah, yes. Tekken 6 was a disappointment and I am a veteran. I am sick of playing Soul Calibur 4 just to create my character. I was hoping that Tekken 6 would have it but Namco lied to you and me

Wait, you're sick of playing Soul Calibur IV just to create your character? Then why on god's green earth did you hope for the same feature in Tekken 6?

tomdreamer88 wrote:
This is one of the reasons why Tekken 6 lost to Street Fighter 4. Lack of variety. Lack of Enjoyment. Street Fighter is the ABC's of fighting games and Tekken 6 lost.

So you judge by the lack of new game modes? L(augh) O(ut) L(oud), that's what I say. Street Fighter IV has.... variety? Certainly not in game modes that much. Enjoyment? What enjoyment, I ask. Beating Seth in Arcade mode?

"it haz basic game tutrial i learn 2 play tis game tekken 6 doesnt hav it suckz b@llZ"
*sigh*
(The game gives instructions during loading times...)
It's not like everyone need to rip off everything.

tomdreamer88 wrote:
If TEkken 6 had charcter creation Tekken 6 would have gotten VGA awards of 2009 best fighting game. More people would have played it and more people would have not bashed the game.
LMAO!
You know, the character creation is nothing new by now. It wouldn't have helped Tekken 6 to gain VGA awards for 2009. Has SmackDown games got any VG awards because they've had character creation? No. Has Soul Calibur III (and/or IV...) got any VG awards because of the inclusion of that same mode? No.
If character creation was really in Tekken 6, I think it would've made some fans upset, including myself.
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by tomdreamer88 Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:59 pm

Muggshotter -"You know, the character creation is nothing new by now. It wouldn't have helped Tekken 6 to gain VGA awards for 2009. Has SmackDown games got any VG awards because they've had character creation? No. Has Soul Calibur III (and/or IV...) got any VG awards because of the inclusion of that same mode? No.
If character creation was really in Tekken 6, I think it would've made some fans upset, including myself."

Well guy, you are completely wrong about Soul Calibur IV not winning a VGA,because Soul Calibur 4 did got Spike VGA fighting game award for 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Video_Game_Awards#2008_Awards

Oh one more game you are wrong again there is one WWE game that did won. WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain VGA Best fighting game 2003

Research it guy,no I did the research for you. Character Creation in Tekken 6 would have made players like me more addicted.
I am not done Mortal Kombat: Armageddon won VGA best fighting game 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat:_Armageddon

What?, why because of Character Creation. That is 2 games that won VGA. Now where is Tekken's VGA?

Oh one more game you are wrong again there is one WWE game that did won. WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain VGA Best fighting game 2003. That is strike three for you kid. You, Muggshotter and Tekken 6 are out.

What WWE had what Character creation. What? How come Tekken did not win, because of no character creation and no rank system and lagging online.

Tekken 6 is already a jiggle nightmare. Scenario campaign mode ruined the game. Oh and WWE 2010 sucks because they took out man vs female. The men rule that game. Tekken 6 would have sold much more and more players would play it if character creation was in the game. Since there is no character creation and lame pre existing character customization Tekken 6 is boring with a captial B. I refuse to play the lagging online of Tekken 6. I played yesterday and beaten a lot of players. Personally online sucks . A game should not be based for only online. Tekken 6 should have just come for PC. The main reason why Street fighter won 2009 best fighting game award because that was punishment for not putting character creation in Tekken 6. Most of casual gamers where hoping for the mode to be in Tekken 6. I failed to mention the rank system is totally messed up.Why not have a ranking system for online and offline. Like I said the game could have came for PC or Namco could have just have a site where players pay a fee every month to play. Those kind of games turn me off completely. So what some would have been upset at character creation least Tekken 6 would have won against lame Street fighter. Losing to Street fighter is like losing to Barney the Dinosaur.

Last edited by tomdreamer88 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:10 am

^^Mortal Kombat Armageddon did have a decent character creation.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/tekkencentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:58 am

tomdreamer88 wrote:Muggshotter -"You know, the character creation is nothing new by now. It wouldn't have helped Tekken 6 to gain VGA awards for 2009. Has SmackDown games got any VG awards because they've had character creation? No. Has Soul Calibur III (and/or IV...) got any VG awards because of the inclusion of that same mode? No.
If character creation was really in Tekken 6, I think it would've made some fans upset, including myself."

Well guy, you are completely wrong about Soul Calibur IV not winning a VGA,because Soul Calibur 4 did got Spike VGA fighting game award for 2008.

Oh one more game you are wrong again there is one WWE game that did won. WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain VGA Best fighting game 2003

Research it guy,no I did the research for you. Character Creation in Tekken 6 would have made players like me more addicted.
I am not done Mortal Kombat: Armageddon won VGA best fighting game 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat:_Armageddon

What?, why because of Character Creation. That is 2 games that won VGA. Now where is Tekken's VGA?

Oh one more game you are wrong again there is one WWE game that did won. WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain VGA Best fighting game 2003. That is strike three for you kid. You, Muggshotter and Tekken 6 are out.

What WWE had what Character creation. What? How come Tekken did not win, because of no character creation and no rank system and lagging online.
You could've utilised this button named "Quote" in the first place... And no need to tell about WWE SmackDown HCTP getting the award twice. I remembered that now....

So Soul Calibur IV, Mortal Kombat Armageddon and WWE SmackDown!: Here Comes The Pain got their awards because of character creation? That's just lame and a stupid reason to give an award that is given once a year. If every fighting game had a character creation mode, it would simply make them cliché. I'd see self created characters infested online on top of that.

tomdreamer88 wrote:
I refuse to play the lagging online of Tekken 6. I played yesterday and beaten a lot of players. Personally online sucks . A game should not be based for only online.

Tekken 6 never was online based, you know? If you don't like it, don't play it.

tomdreamer88 wrote:
Tekken 6 should have just come for PC.
... if online sucked, then why in living trash can Tekken 6 should've been made for PC as well? To get to play with your trusty keyboard maybe, hmm? "With dedicated servers, yay!"

tomdreamer88 wrote:
The main reason why Street fighter won 2009 best fighting game award because that was punishment for not putting character creation in Tekken 6.

If I wasn't writing this reply to you, this is where I would've died of laughter. How Street Fighter IV exactly "punished" Tekken 6 for not having character creation mode in it? Seriously? Laughing
Why exactly Street Fighter IV won the the Best Fighting Game in E3 2008 (or whatever the award was there) and the 2009 fighting game award?
I think it's because of the true, real, old Street Fighter came back after a looonnngg break and people claimed "Street Fighter is BACK!!!1". Mega Man 9 got praised well, yet it's pretty much the same thing as back in the days. The old-school cool is what got Street Fighter IV (and Mega Man 9) high.

tomdreamer88 wrote:
I failed to mention the rank system is totally messed up. Why not have a ranking system for online and offline.
Muggshotter who once ranted about people hating Tekken 6 on Tekken Nation wrote:
- Online play
It's not everything, come on man. We all know online(or Tekken, or any fighting game community actually) is full of different play styles, can you blame them? If online is so horrible, why you play it? Go play your offline cpu battles if you think ranks are everything. Oh wait....

- .... Lack of offline ranking
You get no reward in this(PSP DR gave me different menu backgrounds, cheers for that), why in the hell would you play over 300 matches to get to the maximum rank with every character with not much of a reward to boast about. "oh look, i hav evry char on Tekken God, haha." Good for you.
It's a waste of time. I eventually got over the lack of real offline ranking in the home console version. I realised it is just exhausting by a long shot and it's another reason to get ticked off. Seriously, how ranks can mean everything to some people? I don't get it. Skill matters, rank doesn't. If you managed to reach the maximum rank by beating hundreds of ai controlled characters, it doesn't necessarily make you good with that certain character. Go against a human player and play him/her, only to find out you haven't improved much, if any at all.

tomdreamer88 wrote:
Losing to Street fighter is like losing to Barney the Dinosaur.
What? Street Fighter started the 1-on-1 (Arcade) fighting for real. Can you blame Tekken for that?
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by tomdreamer88 Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:03 am

I am not saying all fighters need character creation just the Virtual reality ones like Tekken and Virtual Fighter. Tekken needs character creation because it is completely boring with out it. If Tekken 7 is going to be the same lame stuff like Tekken 6 that I will never buy another Tekken game again. On the issue on the ranking. Any player can pratice forever on ultra hard. Why waste time trying to rank up online when people are going to run away or have bad connections? Tekken 5 had offline ranking system that is what made that game great. Megaman 9?! No now this turns in to a different topic. Personally they should have made that game like Megaman 8 but that was a shrew up on Capcom. That game should have been 32bit on 8 bit.

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by KazuyaFreak Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:41 pm

I would like Tekken CATKC (Create a Tekken Character) if they added a "Create Moveset" option course i hate that in Soul Calibur you HAD to choose someones fighting style
KazuyaFreak
KazuyaFreak
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by tomdreamer88 Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:35 pm

I understand but if the future Tekkens don't do it. Wait because a no name company will do it. I promise.

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:47 am

tomdreamer88 wrote:On the issue on the ranking. Any player can practice forever on ultra hard.

... against computer players who react on your button presses (ducking EWHF on reaction... Suspect ), which isn't challenging at all. Practicing against another human player is the way it should be.

tomdreamer88 wrote:
Why waste time trying to rank up online when people are going to run away or have bad connections? Tekken 5 had offline ranking system that is what made that game great.
Ranking up your characters against computer players for about 300 matches who don't have a single strategy (except make player's life worse) and eat one particular combo every time is a complete waste of time. If it's offline ranks that are everything to you, I'm going to say this once:
Spoiler:
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by tomdreamer88 Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Alright don't be surprised when a no name company takes down Tekken.

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:15 am

tomdreamer88 wrote:Alright don't be surprised when a no name company takes down Tekken.
... By quality? =o

I don't know, Tekken's been fine for me for the last 10 years. Smile
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by tomdreamer88 Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 am

You can say whatever but it is going to happened.

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by KazuyaFreak Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:51 am

NAMCO unlike Midway has no borrowed extreme amounts of money from alot of companies so they will survive besides Tekken is on NAMCO's best selling things no way in hell will they sell it
KazuyaFreak
KazuyaFreak
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by tomdreamer88 Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm

KazuyaFreak wrote:NAMCO unlike Midway has no borrowed extreme amounts of money from alot of companies so they will survive besides Tekken is on NAMCO's best selling things no way in hell will they sell it

You missed the point. I said that a no name company will create a game that will out preform and out sell the Tekken franchise.

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by KazuyaFreak Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:35 am

tomdreamer88 wrote:
KazuyaFreak wrote:NAMCO unlike Midway has no borrowed extreme amounts of money from alot of companies so they will survive besides Tekken is on NAMCO's best selling things no way in hell will they sell it

You missed the point. I said that a no name company will create a game that will out preform and out sell the Tekken franchise.

Oh thats called Evolution and of course, there will come new companies so i agree on you with that but THAT new name company will get a name for it self and become big
I just hope i can live to see it xD
KazuyaFreak
KazuyaFreak
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down