Tekkencentre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free)

+8
KM_Lord
jeswd
KazuyaFreak
kazamafan15
XiaoyuFan1O1
Admin
Muggshotter
NIEM0
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free)

Post by NIEM0 Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Figured I'll do my own ratings breakdown. By the way, a "7" is "Satisfactory" in my book.

Graphics: 6.5
Terrific motion blur can't save the lack of anti-aliasing and sub-HD resolution. All in all, it's obvious the character models were lifted right from Tekken 5 with some bump maps thrown in. A series that was once on the pinnacle of its console's graphics doesn't look much better (if at all) than Dead or Alive on the original Xbox.

Gameplay: 8
Just as solid as Tekken 5, but it's dissapointing that it really feels like a simple expansion to Tekken 5 rather than a full-blown sequel. "Rage" doesn't add much to the experience and "Bound" just makes the already ridiculous juggles even longer. The biggest differences from Tekken 5 really are the changes to certain characters -- changes that in my opinion, weren't for the better.

Content: 8
Tekken 6 really doesn't have any less content than your average Tekken game, and it certainly is more jam-packed than most other fighters on the market, but after four and a half years of waiting, one would think that Tekken 6 would be flowing with extras and goodies. Scenario Campaign is long, but has some crummy production values and simply isn't very fun. Most dissapointing is that the story mode has been butchered. Most characters don't get any piece of the story other than their Ending FMVs, which are about as fulfilling as Tekken Tag's.

Online: 5
Tekken 5 would have scored a "6" in this category. Tekken 6's online is worse than Tekken 5's in pretty much every way. It's so bad that one must wonder if they were trying to piss of their fans. Lag and input delay occur more often than just about any other 3D fighting game (Wii games not counting). You also do not have the choice of whether or not you wish to engage in a battle with a random opponent -- meaning that if you get matched up with a single-bar foe using Lili, you MUST fight them whether you want to or not. Also, you'll randomly get booted from matches for no good reason, resulting in a penalty.

Overall: 7.5
Of the top 5 3D fighters (Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive), Tekken is in second to last in terms of feeling dated (only Mortal Kombat is worse). Tekken 6 feels like only a slight step-up from Tekken 5 (in both gameplay and graphics), even though it's on a whole new generation platform. To be honest, the jump from Tekken 3 to Tekken Tag felt bigger than 5 to 6. What worries me is that this is because of the failure that was Tekken 4... I sure do hope Namco doesn't simply rest on its tried and true formula for Tekken 7 and tries to do something truly great.

I still rate the game as a 7 though, which means that it's still a passing grade for me. It's not so bad that I'm going to go back to Tekken 5, but it's not so great that I'm going to be playing it daily for months either.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Back to top Go down

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free)

Post by Muggshotter Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:03 am

I won't do mine until I can really stay behind my ratings(and words).
Until that time comes, I keep playing... until I can be honest for sure.
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

https://www.youtube.com/user/Muggshotter

Back to top Go down

Post by KazuyaFreak Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:23 pm

I hate that Offline Rank and Online rank is the SAME i could have fought ALOT of easy Arcade battles and got to Tekken Lord then go to Online ranking match and be OWNED!!
KazuyaFreak
KazuyaFreak
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:51 pm

KazuyaFreak wrote:I hate that Offline Rank and Online rank is the SAME i could have fought ALOT of easy Arcade battles and got to Tekken Lord then go to Online ranking match and be OWNED!!
Well, that's how things have been going that way at Arcades, I guess. (Someone who has played at Arcades for a good while, confirm this!) You play with other people, and get promotion chances when playing against other players. They're not computer players, so they either eat everything from you or eat nothing from you at all and YOU are the one who eats everything. Laughing
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:29 pm

The upside to ranking up online from Beginner is that generally, you'll be matched up with lower-level opponents, meaning that you may be able to amass a nice win-loss ratio by the time you reach 1st Dan, as opposed to having a record of "0" and having to face tougher opponents right off the bat.

Well actually, come to think of it, Tekken 6's matchmaking sucks. I got matched up with a Marauder as a 7th Kyu. I beat him with my Kuma, but... still... was there really no one closer to my level playing at the time?
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:44 am

NIEM0 wrote:
Well actually, come to think of it, Tekken 6's matchmaking sucks. I got matched up with a Marauder as a 7th Kyu. I beat him with my Kuma, but... still... was there really no one closer to my level playing at the time?
Shocked

But then again, rank isn't everything, although it's the first thing you'll see from opponent. Wink
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Muggshotter wrote:
NIEM0 wrote:
Shocked

But then again, rank isn't everything, although it's the first thing you'll see from opponent. Wink
Oh it certainly isn't...
How many Lili, Alisa, and Asuka's have I come across with near-perfect records that simply mash the kick buttons. It feels nice when I just kick the tar out of them until they disconnect on the last round, whilst sending me poorly written insults. Now... it's when I lose to these people because of five-second input delay that gets me. Kazuya is up there in the tier list, but he's built for lag spam.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lili Dragunova Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:58 pm

If they had spent even half the time they did hyping the game actually working on the game itself, it would have been better.
Lili Dragunova
Lili Dragunova
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:06 am

NIEM0 wrote: Now... it's when I lose to these people because of five-second input delay that gets me.
Exactly.

NIEM0 wrote:Kazuya is up there in the tier list, but he's built for lag spam.
He is? Shocked Well... I do have suffered lotz of Kazuya's Hellsweep...
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:06 pm

Muggshotter wrote:
Whoops -- I meant to say that he's not good for lag spam, though I suppose if it's lagging REALLY bad, you could spam the 4x roundhouse. Since the move no longer ends even if it's blocked, your opponent will be forced to block every hit and it can be impossible to block all the low and mid hits if the lag is bad.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:09 am

NIEM0 wrote:
Muggshotter wrote:
Whoops -- I meant to say that he's not good for lag spam, though I suppose if it's lagging REALLY bad, you could spam the 4x roundhouse. Since the move no longer ends even if it's blocked, your opponent will be forced to block every hit and it can be impossible to block all the low and mid hits if the lag is bad.
Yea, people seem to really spam Kazuya's uf+4444 now, probably because Kazuya won't get block stunned from it anymore for some stupid reason. I would low parry the low hits, but it is pretty much impossible to do it if there's even a slight input delay. angry
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by iceyou88 Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:44 pm

graphically the game could be better. . .
iceyou88
iceyou88
5th DAN
5th DAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:53 pm

iceyou88 wrote:graphically the game could be better. . .
Let me ask you(and everyone else who have complained about the graphics of the game)...
What kind of Full-HD stuff you were waiting for? The graphics are definetly satisfying in my opinion. Are you using an SD television while playing the game? No wonder if you complain about the graphics(I use SD televisions myself). See this game running on a modern 40 inched television and I bet you'll think again about the grapichs. Laughing

This game is NOT Gran Turismo.
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:32 am

Muggshotter wrote:
Let me ask you(and everyone else who have complained about the graphics of the game)...
What kind of Full-HD stuff you were waiting for? The graphics are definetly satisfying in my opinion. Are you using an SD television while playing the game? No wonder if you complain about the graphics(I use SD televisions myself). See this game running on a modern 40 inched television and I bet you'll think again about the grapichs. Laughing

more like RE5
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

https://www.youtube.com/user/starkillerRedfield

Back to top Go down

Post by iceyou88 Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:02 am

Muggshotter wrote:

The jaggies on the character's models pisses me off though. . .
iceyou88
iceyou88
5th DAN
5th DAN

Back to top Go down

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) - Page 2 Empty I don't care wait any of you people say about me.

Post by tomdreamer88 Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:40 pm

To all who say that I am a idiot for hating Tekken 6. Let me ask you what do you people do all day long? Play online forever? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The next Tekken will be better and character creation- lovers are going to fight for character creation. They are going to beg, plea, and make many videos showing why this needs to happened. As long as there are no custom move sets, I can't see why character creation would be bad.

Besides I learn that there are not that many Extreme Tekken fans. They all have multiple accounts all over the internet. Oh and why is Tekken 6 $39.99 all of a sudden? A great game stays at $60 dollars for at least 6 months. Tekken 6 has only been out for 5 months.

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) - Page 2 Empty Ratings for Tekken 6

Post by tomdreamer88 Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:52 pm

My Tekken 6 Ratings

Character models- 9

Character customization - 5, Selling the same item with different color?, Come on.

Scenario Campaign Mode- 6, Bad camera angels

Game play- 10 Okay, I admit that Game play is better that Soul Caliburs IV.

Online- 1 - Lags even after months of patches.

Ranking system 4

Vs- 10

The game is a 6.5 overall

I love Tekken but not Tekken 6. Why Namco why?

tomdreamer88
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:43 am

tomdreamer88 wrote:To all who say that I am a idiot for hating Tekken 6. Let me ask you what do you people do all day long? Play online forever? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
No, we don't play online forever. At least I don't. I have to do my daily needs and something else.

tomdreamer88 wrote:
Besides I learn that there are not that many Extreme Tekken fans.
Go to Asian arcades and say it. You certainly haven't heard of "fighting game communities"

tomdreamer88 wrote:
They all have multiple accounts all over the internet
What are those, extreme Tekken fans, you say? Thanks for laughs I didn't laugh.

tomdreamer88 wrote:
Oh and why is Tekken 6 $39.99 all of a sudden?
Some (game) retailers have a pattern for selling games, like when a game has been sold out of stock (a few times?), it is likely for it to get cheaper. So what if Tekken 6 has a price drop at a small part of US, UK or Australia? It's not like it hurts the sells.

tomdreamer88 wrote:
A great game stays at $60 dollars for at least 6 months. Tekken 6 has only been out for 5 months.

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) - Page 2 Motivator+-+Common+Sense

Alright, a good game is a good game, no matter the price or when it was released.
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Namco has used to much of there time working on trailers if you ask me.
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by KazuyaFreak Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:25 pm

I don't see the point on doing Arcade battles. I barely get any money, nor do I get to see an ending. I just think it loses the point of fighting those eight battle, when I can fight four battles, and then get an ending. Really bad choice by NAMCO.
KazuyaFreak
KazuyaFreak
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:42 pm

KazuyaFreak wrote:I don't see the point on doing Arcade battles. I barely get any money, nor do I get to see an ending. I just think it loses the point of fighting those eight battle, when I can fight four battles, and then get an ending. Really bad choice by NAMCO.
Did the guys play the nine cpu-fested battles? Yes.

Did the guys at Arcades get an ending? No.

Did the guys at Arcades get much money? Of course not. That is what keeps Namco getting more moneyyh. If people are addicted to customising, it means lots of money to developers. Also if people just play against each other (which is very frequent at Arcades), that also means lots of money to developers.

I am glad we got the Arcade mode, because not only you get to fight the Extra Round (Nancy-MI847J), but you get more fierece computer players. Yeah.

If you want lots of money and fast, go for Scenario Campaign. Luckily I usually stick to certain customises for a long time, so I get to build plenty of money still while just playing normal matches, offline or online. And Roulettes only add more to the pouch.
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by KazuyaFreak Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 pm

I see your point.

Why couldn't NAMCO remove the "Insert Coin" sign? It makes the game look kind of....In my age as a gamer, which is..roughly 3-5 years. I have never seen an advanced game like this with "Insert coin here" in the bottom while playing arcade, or doing the opening cutscene.
KazuyaFreak
KazuyaFreak
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:47 pm

KazuyaFreak wrote:
Why couldn't NAMCO remove the "Insert Coin" sign? It makes the game look kind of....In my age as a gamer, which is..roughly 3-5 years. I have never seen an advanced game like this with "Insert coin here" in the bottom while playing arcade, or doing the opening cutscene.
It's the magic of Arcades. Wink
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by KazuyaFreak Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:43 am

Muggshotter wrote:
KazuyaFreak wrote:
It's the magic of Arcades. Wink

I know that the game first came in the arcades, but could they not remove it?
KazuyaFreak
KazuyaFreak
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:00 am

of course Namco could have done that
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next