Tekkencentre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free)

+8
KM_Lord
jeswd
KazuyaFreak
kazamafan15
XiaoyuFan1O1
Admin
Muggshotter
NIEM0
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) Empty Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free)

Post by NIEM0 Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Before anybody starts raging about my criticisms only two days after the launch of the game -- just hear me out. The moment I woke up on Oct 27th, Tekken was the first thing on my mind. I drove down to Best Buy and quickly scanned the store for the game section... And then at long last Tekken 6 was in my hands. I quickly hurried home and popped the disc into my PS3... This was the moment I'd been waiting for for four years.

The first thing I noticed was the insane load times. Didn't bother me at first, as I planned to install it anyway... Second thing I noticed -- the graphics. Now I've always felt that Tekken 6's visuals paled in comparison to Virtua Fighter 5 and Soul Calibur IV... but I wasn't prepared for the aliased jaggy-fest that attacked my sight. I haven't seen graphics that jaggy on my TV since playing the Wii. Not to mention the character models and levels were barely above PS2-quality. But like I said, I wasn't expecting fantastic visuals, so I pressed on to the the Versus Mode with my Dad just to get a taste of the gameplay.

All characters were available from the start, which was fine by me (though it does suck to not look forward to any unlockables). We fooled around with our old mains and all of the new characters. I noticed that the animations and motion blur do actually look really nice. It's the smoothest fighting game I've ever seen. It's such a shame that theose jaggy, low-poly graphics and the annoyingly ridiculous "red blood" effects mar the beauty.

After having played Tekken 5 for so freaking long, this new game obviously took a bit to get used to. Some of my old mains such as Wang, have been altered to a point were I have to play him completely differently. This really sucks, though I'll admit it is nice to see some changes in the characters. The Rage effect didn't really affect much for me, so I have no complaints with it. The Bounce system really changes the old juggle game, so lots of old juggles won't be effective this time around, though there are other (and often more powerful) juggles that can be accomplished with Bounce. As always, executing a perfect juggle is very satisfying, but frustrating for the one caught in it. With the emphasis on juggling becoming more and more apparent, it seems that one player will always be having less fun than the other.

Next up I went at the Scenario Campaign (alone). The in-game cutscenes looked... under par, but still serviceable. At first, the plot seemed promising, but as soon as I reached the world map, it became obvious to me that this was going to be another Super Smash Bros. Subspace Emissary -- long, frustrating, and pointless. Scenario Campaign is best described as a fusion between Tekken Force and Devil Within. This mode is LONG and took me easily over four hours to complete. Unfortunately, it's a four hours spent playing through wasted potential. The fights are essentially the same on all 50+ stages, putting you up against waves and waves of enemies that aren't afraid to gang up on you. Losing at any part in these stages require you to restart from the very beginning -- truly rage inducing if you lost by being knocked out of the ring while trying to pick up an item that was hidden by the camera.

As far as the story goes -- it's all about Scenario Mode -- and if you're favourite characters aren't Lars and Alisa, you'll be extremely dissapointed to find that most of the 40 characters in the game play absolutely no role in the plot whatsoever -- only serving as a boss in any of the random stages and then (most of them) never heard from again. There is an Arena stage in the Scenario Campaign that can be tackled with any character you've unlocked (in the campaign). Here, there's the Prologue Stories for the selected character... but no longer are they voiced. Odd, but not a big loss. There are a pitiful four fights in total of which the first 2 will usually be against a character with some sort of history with yours (though there are no cutscenes or anything) and the third will (usually) be against Jin. The final battle is of course, Azazel, who I should mention is one cheap, annoying Ogrepachi. The ending FMVs... are the most underwhelming since Tekken Tag. While the FMVs look nice, they are actually a step down from Tekken 5's gorgeous visuals. What's worse though is that the endings DON'T HAVE ANY VOICE ACTING. Just text and music. The sequences usually last about ten to fifteen seconds and almost all of them are meaningless or just plain jokes.

With all the disappointments found within Tekken 6's lackluster presentation, I decided that the gameplay itself was still decent enough to keep me going for another few years just as every other Tekken has. The biggest factor now was online... And boy, does it suck. I suppose Azazel must have possessed me to think that the online would be an improvement from DR's. I honestly don't noticed a difference. In fact, most of the matches I played were unplayable. Juggles of any kind are not possible and you can't block lows, so I was constantly whooped by a mashing Asuka who did the same freaking move OVER AND OVER again.

I just... I don't know. Were my expectations too high? I (we) waited four years... and we get Tekken 5.5 with 6 new characters and a crappy new mode. Honestly what's the excuse for the aliasing all over the place? The atrocious load times? The lower-budget presentation? Why exactly would the 360 have a hard time running this game? Heck, the way I see it, it could be ported straight to the Wii with no visual compromise ('cept resolution). It might not be able to fit stuff like the multitude of FMVs and the Scenario Campaign, but really, that isn't such a bad thing.

Somebody quick, slap me out of it and make me love this game Sad
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Back to top Go down

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) Empty Re: Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free)

Post by Muggshotter Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:35 am

I'll come back here after having a "hands-on" experience on the game.

NIEM0 wrote:
The first thing I noticed was the insane load times. Didn't bother me at first, as I planned to install it anyway...
But how much the installed Game Data does actually reduce loading times? That's what worries me the most.

NIEM0 wrote:
I noticed that the animations and motion blur do actually look really nice. It's the smoothest fighting game I've ever seen. It's such a shame that theose jaggy, low-poly graphics and the annoyingly ridiculous "red blood" effects mar the beauty.
What I've read, this game looks pretty much different on many different televisions. I wonder what's the matter? "Because the game runs at full 60 frames per seconds"? What kind of a television you have?

NIEM0 wrote:
With the emphasis on juggling becoming more and more apparent, it seems that one player will always be having less fun than the other.
I guess you're right, because you really can't do anything while being juggled, so the "fun" goes from one player to another, maybe. It's like chess - You try do a better move than your opponent. Or something... Laughing

NIEM0 wrote:
Next up I went at the Scenario Campaign (alone). The in-game cutscenes looked... under par, but still serviceable. At first, the plot seemed promising, but as soon as I reached the world map, it became obvious to me that this was going to be another Super Smash Bros. Subspace Emissary -- long, frustrating, and pointless.
Laughing I thought about this all the time(especially after seeing the Map screen)! Oh god....

NIEM0 wrote:
Here, there's the Prologue Stories for the selected character... but no longer are they voiced. Odd, but not a big loss. There are a pitiful four fights in total of which the first 2 will usually be against a character with some sort of history with yours (though there are no cutscenes or anything) and the third will (usually) be against Jin. The final battle is of course, Azazel, who I should mention is one cheap, annoying Ogrepachi. The ending FMVs... are the most underwhelming since Tekken Tag. While the FMVs look nice, they are actually a step down from Tekken 5's gorgeous visuals. What's worse though is that the endings DON'T HAVE ANY VOICE ACTING. Just text and music. The sequences usually last about ten to fifteen seconds and almost all of them are meaningless or just plain jokes.
Shocked Really? Oh no... no....
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

https://www.youtube.com/user/Muggshotter

Back to top Go down

Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) Empty Re: Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free)

Post by Admin Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:11 am

I turned the game on just now, so I will see!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/tekkencentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:08 am

The only thing I am dissapointed about is the lag! I haven't lost a single match when a battle was without lag, but when it's laggy I can lose to anyone...
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:24 am

Admin wrote:The only thing I am dissapointed about is the lag! I haven't lost a single match when a battle was without lag, but when it's laggy I can lose to anyone...
That's pretty obvious for everyone. Wink
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:53 am

Muggshotter wrote:
But how much the installed Game Data does actually reduce loading times? That's what worries me the most.
It does reduce them, but load times are still really long. It's easily the longest load times in the entire series which is baffling to me since there's nothing really special going on.

Muggshotter wrote:
What I've read, this game looks pretty much different on many different televisions. I wonder what's the matter? "Because the game runs at full 60 frames per seconds"? What kind of a television you have?
After having done some research of my own, I think I can conclude that Tekken 6 just can't match up the likes of Virtua Fighter or Soul Calibur (in terms of visuals). Not even close. The big thing about Tekken 6 is the motion blur, which is apparently so taxing that the resolution of the game drops to 540p (or something like that), resulting in the less than optimum anti-aliasing -- that winds up making the game look worse than Dark Resurrection in 1080p. However, you can turn off the motion blur, which will give you twice the anti-aliasing, resulting in less jaggies. Still, all that means is you're going to lose the only good-looking thing Tekken 6 has in order to make the game look slightly better than Tekken 5.

Admin wrote:The only thing I am dissapointed about is the lag! I haven't lost a single match when a battle was without lag, but when it's laggy I can lose to anyone...
I haven't played a match yet that wasn't laggy. It's depressing.... I managed to beat a few scrubs with Kuma, and even a few decent players. I just picked Wang and Kazuya and got trashed by a Nina who clearly didn't have any clue how to play the game, but since the lag was incredible, I couldn't even get close to her flurry of punches and kicks. I seriously was in disbelief and threw my controller. I wonder if it still works... I don't want to have to buy another Dualshock XD
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:17 pm

I haven't played a match yet that wasn't laggy. It's depressing.... I managed to beat a few scrubs with Kuma, and even a few decent players. I just picked Wang and Kazuya and got trashed by a Nina who clearly didn't have any clue how to play the game, but since the lag was incredible, I couldn't even get close to her flurry of punches and kicks. I seriously was in disbelief and threw my controller. I wonder if it still works... I don't want to have to buy another Dualshock XD[/quote]

I absolutely know what you're talking about! And that's exactly why I sticked to scenario campaign mode and left online behind for now. I played about 20 online matches and probably 15 of them were laggy as hell! Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) Icon_eek
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:43 pm

Admin wrote:
I absolutely know what you're talking about! And that's exactly why I sticked to scenario campaign mode and left online behind for now. I played about 20 online matches and probably 15 of them were laggy as hell! Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) Icon_eek
Yeah, it's pretty bad right now. Hopefully Bamco will be kind enough to fix it up, otherwise, this REALLY sucks.

Oh and I just realized that I was wrong about my criticism about Tekken 6's ending movies -- They actually are fully voiced, but for some reason the TV I was playing it on wasn't playing the sound for the voices.... weird.. The endings still suck though XD
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by XiaoyuFan1O1 Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:56 pm

The Graphics are not Bad!!
I like the scenario mode and I hate lags too but you cant do anything about it someone may just have bad connection... and please do not compare Tekken 6 graphics to a Wii.?!
And like The ending arent bad maybe they could have been longer...
and Really and Scenario Mode isnt bad and plus everyone here was all complaining about they want the game now.. and when you get you trash the game ?? Seriously?!
XiaoyuFan1O1
XiaoyuFan1O1
1st KYU
1st KYU

https://www.youtube.com/user/nagisaFan1O1

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:40 pm

XiaoyuFan1O1 wrote:The Graphics are not Bad!!
I like the scenario mode and I hate lags too but you cant do anything about it someone may just have bad connection... and please do not compare Tekken 6 graphics to a Wii.?!
And like The ending arent bad maybe they could have been longer...
and Really and Scenario Mode isnt bad and plus everyone here was all complaining about they want the game now.. and when you get you trash the game ?? Seriously?!
Maybe too much hype.
I wouldn't be "trashing" the game if I hadn't been expecting more after waiting half a decade for this game to come out. I don't hate Tekken 6, I'm just dissapointed that it isn't any better than Tekken 5 (and in some cases worse).

Online is unplayable right now. It is, at its best best, equal to Tekken 5's, which is NOT good. The game is still only a few days old, so hopefully Bamco will try to "fix" it. I wouldn't hold my breathe though unless a lot of people complain and judging by fans such as yourself, most players will be perfectly satisfied.

The Endings are okay, but are a step down from the quality I expected from this series. The FMVs are neither as meaningful as Tekken 4's nor as beautiful as Tekken 5's and that is seriously wrong.

The Scenario Campaign... is not fun. Not by any means. To me at least. If you enjoy Scenario Campaign, I'm happy for you, but I have to wonder how many good games you've played if you really can enjoy such a frustrating mode. At least with Tekken Force and Devil Within you didn't have to play them to unlock endings and money (well, you can get money elsewhere, but it's a paltry amount).

The graphics are the worst of any 3D fighter this generation -- that is a fact (though it's prolly better than Mortal Kombat, but that game doesn't count). Reason for this is because it is in a sense, a game from 2007. Even so, Dead or Alive 4 from 2005 looks leagues better than Tekken 6, let alone Virtua Fighter 5 and Soul Calibur IV. All Tekken 6 has is its motion blur, which I'll admit looks great, but it's too little too late. Tekken 6 has nothing I couldn't see running on the original Xbox, and also the Wii by that standard ('cept the motion blur of course).

Of course it could be said that nothing but the gameplay matters, but when we've been waiting nearly five years just to play what is essentially Tekken 5 with longer juggles and afterthought extras, it makes me wonder what in the world took them so long and if we'll have to wait another five years for Tekken 7.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by XiaoyuFan1O1 Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Everything else you said depends on your opinion.
i wont sit up here and agree that tekken 6 has the WORST graphics this generation.

Your stating that as fact and its clearly wrong.
Tekken 6 looks amazing, maybe not the best but great nonetheless.

You state good points, But don't let your dissapointment blind you.
XiaoyuFan1O1
XiaoyuFan1O1
1st KYU
1st KYU

https://www.youtube.com/user/nagisaFan1O1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:43 pm

XiaoyuFan1O1 wrote:Everything else you said depends on your opinion.
i wont sit up here and agree that tekken 6 has the WORST graphics this generation.

Your stating that as fact and its clearly wrong.
Tekken 6 looks amazing, maybe not the best but great nonetheless.

You state good points, But don't let your dissapointment blind you.

It has clearly the best graphics in the series and I must say I'm impressed by it! It looks much better than all youtube matches I have seen. Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) Icon_smile
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:33 am

Admin wrote:
I haven't played a match yet that wasn't laggy. It's depressing.... I managed to beat a few scrubs with Kuma, and even a few decent players. I just picked Wang and Kazuya and got trashed by a Nina who clearly didn't have any clue how to play the game, but since the lag was incredible, I couldn't even get close to her flurry of punches and kicks. I seriously was in disbelief and threw my controller. I wonder if it still works... I don't want to have to buy another Dualshock XD

I absolutely know what you're talking about! And that's exactly why I sticked to scenario campaign mode and left online behind for now. I played about 20 online matches and probably 15 of them were laggy as hell! Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) Icon_eek[/quote]
now I'm even more afraid to go online
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

https://www.youtube.com/user/starkillerRedfield

Back to top Go down

Post by NIEM0 Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:13 am

kazamafan15 wrote:
now I'm even more afraid to go online
I just fully completed the SC last night and got all the trophies for it. Man... the last two stages you have to unlock after the final battle are AMAZINGLY hard and cheap. Yoshimitsu's and especially Devil Jin's Nightmare Train.

Oh yeah and getting the trophy for beating NANCY was a real pain in the @$$.
NIEM0
NIEM0
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:04 am

NIEM0 wrote:
Oh yeah and getting the trophy for beating NANCY was a real pain in the @$$.
I almost got it beaten! I just... got off guard... Mad I didn't really prefer abusing a strong move over and over again, more like fast and furious combos, while moving like I had fire on pants. Laughing

(I used Jin by the way)
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:55 pm

I'm gonna give my ratings
Graphics:7.2
Gameplay:8
Story:7.5
Content: 6.8
Character models: 7
Average:7.3 does Tekken 6 get from me.
so T5 and T3 are still better in my opinion
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by KazuyaFreak Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Haha i know Lag can be annoying but i played Smackdown VS Raw 09 so i can survive it i won two matches online both with Paul first one was PERFECT with small lag (Three Matches) second one was quite a lot of lag first time i lost cause i was distracted by lag and the last three rounds i owned Smile
KazuyaFreak
KazuyaFreak
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by jeswd Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:34 am

I dissapointed with Tekken 6. 4 YEARS FOR THIS?! I expected a lot better. New ranking up system is crap. -.- Looks like they only did two modes, online mode and SC mode. =l
jeswd
jeswd
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

https://www.youtube.com/user/jeswd

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:27 am

now I have played more trough the game I tell you all I think it's even worse then T1! which I did enjoy
*New ratings*
Graphics: 7
Gameplay:7.2
content:6.8
character models: 7
Online: 4
Average: 6.4
It's even worse then I thought before
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by KM_Lord Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:30 am

online is very bad...Lag is still here...
KM_Lord
KM_Lord
Tekken Editor
Tekken Editor

http://www.skiinfo.wbs.cz - slovak ski rsorts info

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:04 am

kazamafan15 wrote:now I have played more trough the game I tell you all I think it's even worse then T1! which I did enjoy
*New ratings*
Graphics: 7
Gameplay:7.2
content:6.8
character models: 7
Online: 4
Average: 6.4
It's even worse then I thought before

My ratings:

Graphics: 10 (best Tekken had so far)
Gameplay: 9 (again, best so far, I like the bound and rage features too)
content: 8
character models: 10 ( absolutely satisfied)
Online: 2 (only because this is my first time online with Tekken)
Average: 8.5
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeswd Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:15 am

KM_Lord wrote:online is very bad...Lag is still here...

you can't blame Tekken because there's lag. It's your problem. But again, they put the ranking up to online... and there sis lag. So how to heck they expect that we will win everybody with characters we never use?!

Graphics: 10
Gameplay:10
Content: 8
Character models: 10
Online: 0. DR's was a lot better. Online mode was more like obvious, and now it seems to be a must play mode.
Average: 5. Just because of the modes. There should have been original Story Mode = with cutscenes. I like SC mode very much, and the idea to unlock characters. But some stages are too difficult! Also, you can get endings free while playing other modes. (But not prologues) Which isn't good. Also you should get more money from battles. Survival should be easier ETC.
jeswd
jeswd
Tekken Lord
Tekken Lord

https://www.youtube.com/user/jeswd

Back to top Go down

Post by kazamafan15 Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:18 am

Jeswd average should be 7.6 if I have counted good
kazamafan15
kazamafan15

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 am

jeswd wrote:
KM_Lord wrote:online is very bad...Lag is still here...

you can't blame Tekken because there's lag. It's your problem. But again, they put the ranking up to online... and there sis lag. So how to heck they expect that we will win everybody with characters we never use?!

Graphics: 10
Gameplay:10
Content: 8
Character models: 10
Online: 0. DR's was a lot better. Online mode was more like obvious, and now it seems to be a must play mode.
Average: 5. Just because of the modes. There should have been original Story Mode = with cutscenes. I like SC mode very much, and the idea to unlock characters. But some stages are too difficult! Also, you can get endings free while playing other modes. (But not prologues) Which isn't good. Also you should get more money from battles. Survival should be easier ETC.

Survival hard? I got 55 wins with Lee yesterday. Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) 784232
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muggshotter Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Admin wrote:
jeswd wrote: Survival should be easier ETC.

Survival hard? I got 55 wins with Lee yesterday. Is Anyone... Dissapointed? (Spoiler Free) 784232
55 wins? Goooooodddddddd. applause
I only got 29 wins with Jin yesterday. I need to re-invent my Survival strategies. Laughing
Muggshotter
Muggshotter
The Warlord
The Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next